Thursday, March 31, 2011

Visiting my old school


Tuesday morning Galway United Manager Sean Connor and players were due to visit my old school - St Josephs College aka "The Bish". I was asked to accompany them. It was my first time back since I graduated in 2002. Only a hand full of my old teachers were still there but it was great seeing them again and having a bit of a chat. The staff even had a cake to greet the team which was very much appreciated...and tasty too. : )


My old Religion teacher Ciaran Doyle is now principal. Here he is chatting with Sean Connor the manager.


Goal Keeper Conor Winn with "Bish" teacher and Galway United Committee member Liam Glynn. Conor is also an ex-pupil of the school.



The Staff Room...my first time in there... : )




While there I also had the chance to chat with the school secretaries, sisters Maureen and Peggy whom I always got on well with during my school years. As it happens my wife and I have gotten to know the family pretty well over recent years. Rita their mum is a resident in the nursing home my wife works in. 

No comments: