Saturday, March 5, 2011

Kick Off!

It was the first match of the season last night. Galway United versus St. Patrick's Athletic in Terryland Park.


Antony came along to watch his first football match and ended up donning the stewards jacket along with myself and the rest of the Galway United Committee. He did a really great job selling programs and helping set up. I was very proud of him. My cousin Mark was at the match too but as he was with his friends and had his image to uphold - I understandably didn't see much of him. : )


A few pre-match training shots...


The opposition in training.


Kick Off...




We ended up losing the match 3-0 but the young fans were just happy to be there. I was really impressed by the way the entire Galway United squad took time to sign autographs and chat with the munchkins. Even in defeat they were true gentlemen. The vast majority of the team are newly signed, but are already living up to their roles as hero's to the local kid's.


After the match Antony and I headed over to Pappa Johns and shared a sausage and pepperoni pizza. Despite the loss it really was a great night.

No comments: