Friday, April 2, 2010

How to Train Your Dragon Toys



Neen and I were in Smyths Toy Store today, and I picked this up. Lucky enough to find it as well. It was the last in stock and on the very very top shelf. I'm 6 4'' but it was a stretch even for me. That's the great thing about being an animator/children's illustrator, collecting toys is all part of the job! I was really impressed with the build and design quality. It's pretty much on model which is not always the norm in action figures. Boy was it hard to put together though. In order to sell such a large toy it was packaged in four pieces. Body, left wing, right wing and tail. Tail went on like a charm but the wings took a bit of elbow grease. Not complaining though it makes for a very smart and accurate replica. The rest of the series looked great also Spin Master did a fantastic job creating this range. Haven't seen the film yet, but I'm very much looking forward to it. I'm a big fan of the work of Chris Sanders and Dean Deblois . The writers/directors of both 'Dragon' and of course 'Lilo and Stitch'. We're planning on bringing Neens little brother and sister to see it in 3D as soon as we can! I'll pop a review on when we do!

1 comment:

Dominick said...

If you are thinking about dinosaur toys then I'll tell you to go baby dinosaur puppet it's just amazing. This puppet will give you the real feel of the dinosaur. So, if you make any content about this topic then people could be able to know about these puppets.