Friday, April 16, 2010

My Desk


This is the table I do most of my drawing and watercolouring on. I have always liked working on flat surfaces, even after years of animating on an angled animation desk I still prefer working flat. This is pretty much everything I use when creating a drawing or watercolour Illustration.

Clock wise: from left to right

My phone, which scares the bejesus out of me when I’m concentrating and it rings. I need to change the ringtone. Currently it’s the theme tune to ‘The Big Bang Theory’ and it starts really loud.

Water and Coffee in my favourite mug.

Sony X-Series walkman and portable Nokia speakers. (When I took this photo I was listening to the soundtrack to ‘500 days of Summer’.)

Tissue, and Water Colour paint. I currently use pans but I’m considering changing over to tubes soon enough, at least for larger works.

Coffee Jar with water.

Box full of pencils and stuff. Generally I sketch with a blue Col-Erase pencil or a regular B lead pencil. I use a small steel ruler and steel pencil sharpener. Staedtler Mars eraser and a make-up foundation brush for cleaning the drawing as I go.

Kolinsky Sable Watercolour Brushes, sizes 0, 2 and 4.

Faber Castell Polychromos, I love these colouring pencils I can’t recommend them highly enough.

Bristol Board, my favourite surface to draw, ink and watercolour on.

Cutting board, I use this cutting board for everything. It’s easy to clean and durable. I find it handy as a drawing surface because I can rotate the drawing without having to touch the page and risk leaving marks.

Finally the original pencil sketch. I’m about to transfer this image to the bristol board.

No comments: