Monday, November 28, 2011

Tree Hollow Designs

I have been browsing eBay and Etsy recently looking for a piece of original Christmas art to buy, I love the holiday season and wanted if possible to find a special piece I could have up in the studio all year 'round that would remind me of my favourite time of year...

After A LOT of searching I happily stumbled across an absolutely charming shop on Esty. The shop is called Tree Hollow Designs and features the beautiful work of American artist Jessica Gardner.


I'm pretty choosy with the art I buy, I actually only have a handful of pieces in my personal collection. As an artist myself a piece has to really stand out for me to buy it. I found an original watercolour illustration entitled 'Christmas Morning' and instantly fell in love with it. The delicate illustration features a Christmas tree, the artists own dog and his festive bounty.

The package arrived last night and it was literally like Christmas had come early. The painting was wrapped in green wrapping paper and ribbon and was embellished with handmade tags. 

(The package arrived late last night so the light wasn't great for taking photos. Instead I snapped a quick shot before unwrapping and took the following photos this morning)


In addition to the painting I bought (pictured above) the artist very generously included 2 hand painted Christmas cards (also tied up in festive green ribbon) and a personalized card featuring a print of an original  watercolour illustration.



I cant tell you how much all the extra effort and the special gifts meant to me. The painting will remain a very cherished possession for years to come. If you are looking for a special present for someone or are hoping to add to your own personal art collection I cannot recommend Tree Hollow Designs and the work of Jessica Gardner enough. Her entire shop is wonderful and everything is extremely extremely good value and of very high quality. If you have a spare few minutes make sure you drop by her Etsy Shop by clicking any of the images above.

No comments: