Sunday, May 30, 2010

Bigbookosaurus!!!

Neen and I as per usual spent Saturday in town. During the morning she attended her weekly Stitch 'n Bitch group. We met at 2 and went window shopping, had a spot of lunch, then went to the cinema. While browsing through Charlie Byrne's book store I stumbled across this book. I say stumble but in fact it would be quite hard to miss. The book is massive...hardback and 880 pages! I am very interested in palaeontology, vertebrate palaeontology in particular, and I cant wait to sink my teeth into this...'The Dinosauria' is a scholarly reference tool for anyone looking for authoritive information on dinosaurs. This revised volume includes comprehensive coverage of dinosaur systematics, reproduction, and life history strategies, biogeography, taphonomy, paleoecology, thermoregulation, and extinction. The first few pages I have read were fascinating, I am in particular looking forward to the chapter on Stegosauria....

'The Dinosauria-Second Edition'
Edited by David B. Weishampel, Peter Dodson, and Halszka Osmólska.
Published by University of California Press.

No comments: