Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Disney Goodness!



Neen and I were in town for a couple of hours earlier, she was picking up some material for a project she is in fact sewing as I type. We dropped into HMV for a quick look and I found these. 'Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs' and 'Pinnochio' They were part of a buy one get one free offer. In particular I cant wait to watch the behind the scenes featurettes on these. You just cant beat Golden Era Disney. 20 years time, you wont be able to give away copies of 'Shrek', or 'Ice Age'...but traditionally animated films such as these will remain  timeless classics. It's so hard to believe they were created in 1937 and 1940 respectively.

2 comments:

Nina O'Brien said...

I agree so much with you about the classic films - and like what you where saying last night the same thing about classical music!

brad said...

Why don't they make them like that anymore? Tech is not always the better approach. Is entertainment too ephemeral these days?