Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sunderland...The Beach


While in Sunderland, we all bought a day pass and traveled the length and breadth of the town eventually making our way to the beach, it was a pretty murky day, but in truth not too different from the average summers day in Galway. So I happily snapped away! 



The water was pretty turbulent on the day!






I had a near miss taking the shot above! I walked down steps towards the turbulent waters edge, as the tide came rolling in wave after wave I was looking through the camera, concentrating on getting the perfect shot.  Unbeknownst to me while kneeling down a few young teenage kids were sneaking up behind me planning to either push me in or simply shout at me and give me a fright, either way I was likely to end up in the water.  I only found out afterwards that Neen shouted at them warning them off in no uncertain terms...



Pretty lady!



English Beach Side Fish and Chip Shop! Funnily enough, participants of the Reenactment I blogged about earlier were gathered at the beach that day, wonderful site watching a burly bearded soldier, in full 17th century outfit, rummaging hungrily through his coin purse to buy a portion of Fish and Chips!

4 comments:

melanie said...

That was a lovely day :) Those kids nearly got the shock of their life when Neen warned them off, he he he. I did enjoy my patti and chips down the beach though :)

katiegallagher said...

i like the contrast of textures in your pictures of the waves and the concrete. Nice job!

brad said...

I like the one in the middle with only the sky and water.

Melanie said...

great pictures! Love the second water shot, as well as the sky picture! beautiful.